Come Into the Light

Living in Morocco was an interesting experience in many ways. Indeed it is probably one of the most liberal of Muslim countries; I witnessed this act of religious tolerance first hand every day. I was asked if I was Muslim1 on a daily basis. Typical conversation (translated in English for my benefit):

Moroccan lampshade The above conversation, whether with a stranger or a member of my host family, recycled itself without fail.

1. Because to people in my community they don't understand why I would be in Morocco if not to become one with the religion.
2. Buddha isn't considered a prophet. Muslims consider Buddhists to be immoral (not amoral) and god-less. Though I don't identify as Buddhist, I was often told bluntly by complete strangers that I could still go to heaven if I converted to Muslim. I guess my share of 50 virgins will go to someone else.


tags: ..
another point of view ...

Anonymous Anonymous


can u leave ur phone number to me???
 

Anonymous Anonymous


Although simply reading your these things, but I still can not help but praise from the heart, a good blog!
 

Anonymous Anonymous


If you could give more detailed information on some, I think it is even more perfect, and I need to obtain more information!
Personalized Signature:金陵热线棋牌游戏中心,名城苏州游戏中心,云南信息港游戏,彭城视窗棋牌游戏中心,江苏互联星空棋牌游戏中心,广西休闲游戏中心,安徽棋牌游戏中心
 

Anonymous sensual masseuse


I love Morocco, already been there for three times, love it.
 

Anonymous lol images


very good blog ! thanks for sharing
 

Anonymous Anonymous


¡Buena publicación! Gracias por compartir
magiclamptours
 

Blogger Unknown


Thanks for sharing this amazing blogpost.
Book Morocco Tour Operator
 

speak up!


previous 10 posts:

home/current
[index of posts within each monthly archive]




disclaimer: some rights reserved. trademarks belong to their respective holders. inaccuracies are entirely unintentional. except where noted, this site is under a creative commons license. reuse, redistribution and/or excerpt permitted only with proper credit. linkback permitted without credit. if you find something offensive, then just stop reading. emails directly to me or comments posted here become my property. you have been notified.

the contents of this blog/web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the u.s. government or the peace corps.