Signing Off

I alluded to the fact that this blog is no longer flying under the radar, that it is actively being observed by forces beyond my comprehension. Spikes in site traffic from certain domains beg the question of why the increased traffic from said domains: does this blog have anything of value to offer think tanks?

The bottom-line to all this cloak-and-dagger is that some options surfaced, including:
This blog is in no way retired, it is just suspended. This blog served as an extension to my journal (as I mentioned many entries ago), and suspending it neither invalidates my experience, nor diminishes my commitment, as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Morocco. So, it looks like I'll need to look elsewhere to fulfill the Peace Corps' Third Goal; YouTube and flickr come to mind! The mice in me noggin are scheduled to work overtime for other solutions5.
Sunset in Morocco

1. Any Silicon Valley six-grader knows that Web pages are cached on many servers, and can take YEARS for edited and/or deleted pages to actually vanish on the World Wide Web; until then, these so called unwanted, abandoned and orphaned pages become part of the vast, expanding cobweb.
2. You're kidding, right?
3. Though I've tried to be sensitive about cultural and safety/security issues with each entry, I'm far from infallible. As Alexander Pope said, "To err is human." The other part of this quote is sorta boring, so I've leaving it out.
4. Thinking it through, this is not an option! If you think otherwise, then the Peace Corps might not be for you!
5. No, email SPAM is not an acceptable solution!
6. Complete plagiarism from the end of the sci-fi horror fest Alien (1979), where Ripley (played by then-unknown Sigourney Weaver) reports before going into deep sleep, "Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo, third officer reporting. The other members of the crew, Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash and Captain Dallas, are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up. This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off."

tags: ..
another point of view ...

Anonymous Anonymous


don't forget to stop by my blog,
I have a separate recipe blog that I'm slow to update as well.....
http://perisrecipebox.wordpress.com/

keep in touch, maybe we'll cross paths in Ca one day.
 

Anonymous Anonymous


Yes! Keep it up. It's a great view of Morocco and the Peace Corps...
 

Anonymous Anonymous


I'm sorry to hear this - I've really enjoyed reading your blog.
 

Anonymous Anonymous


Please dear friend Nam. I'm Moroccan but you taught me a lot about Morocco via your blog and chats at home, café and street. As well I enjoy reading it when I get tired of surfing. I beg you to give it a second thought.
 

Anonymous Anonymous


Nam,

I'm sorry to see you stop your blog. I've enjoyed stopping by, and seeing what you were up to.

Best!
 

Blogger Patrick


Just came across your zween blog and will definitely have to explore the archives. Your posts brought back a lot of memories from my own Moroccan travels. Shokran bzeff, b'slemmah.
 

speak up!


previous 10 posts:

home/current
[index of posts within each monthly archive]




disclaimer: some rights reserved. trademarks belong to their respective holders. inaccuracies are entirely unintentional. except where noted, this site is under a creative commons license. reuse, redistribution and/or excerpt permitted only with proper credit. linkback permitted without credit. if you find something offensive, then just stop reading. emails directly to me or comments posted here become my property. you have been notified.

the contents of this blog/web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the u.s. government or the peace corps.