A Walkabout Into Asia-Pacific

I went on a 'walkabout' into Asia-Pacific in early 2001, and these are the reprinted stories of that remarkable journey. I met some remarkable people during my wandering, and still keep up with them. To relive my remarkable journey, click on the image below or go here; however, please return and leave your comments here .. that site was created before I learned about blogs and blogging.

walkabout (noun): a short period of wandering bush life engaged in by an Australian aborigine as an occasional interruption of regular work. Merriam-Webster Dictionary

A Walkabout Into Asia-Pacific
tags: ....
another point of view ...

Anonymous Anonymous


Hey,

I just read your travelogue, and sounds like you had a good time. I wish I had the time and money to go on such a trip. Do you think you would go again? and where to?

Thanks for sharing.

- Margy Wiles
 

Blogger Lady of the Rain


Hey.

I've only been to Hong Kong and it was only for four days.

I wish I'm old enough to travel.

I can travel but it would be better if I were not under parental guidance.

Have you been to the Philippines?
 

Blogger Lady of the Rain


This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

Blogger Lady of the Rain


Cinderella? Nice name. Though I've heard weirder names than that. There are loads of cool things here in the Philippines (Pinas for short). Do you know that to some countries, we are known as the "Terrorist Capital of the World?" Embarrassing. Really. I don't even know if the kidnappings and killings would stop. All I can do is pray at night(or morning) and hope that nothing terrible would happen. But besides that, every other thing is wonderful.
 

Anonymous Anonymous


I love reading about your walkabout ... makes me want to plan a walkabout of my own. But I don't think I can get away from work, I need to just quit and do it. Your trip report is an inspiration to get my feet out the door and start walking. hr
 

Anonymous Anonymous


This sounded like a perfect trip. I'm sure there were plenty of activities and places and people that are not part of your journal. I wonder what kind of mischief you got into, perhaps a follow up for us to read some day?

- Edward T
 

Anonymous Anonymous


Wow! fantastic trip, and nice pictures to show for it! Wish we could have been in Bali, that sounded the most relaxing.

Dave & Suzie
 

Anonymous Anonymous


Reading your travel report reminded me of my own trip in Europe, but I certainly don't have the pictures or the written memories. I regret not putting a scrapbook together, cuz now my memory is fading.

- TimW
 

Anonymous Anonymous


Glad you could reuse your old site. The pictures are cool. The stories very informative.

- Colin
 

Anonymous Anonymous


This is too cool. Is there a subscription function on your blog? - KH
 

Anonymous Anonymous


Your travelogue is really well done. It looks like you sent them out while you were on your trip - how were you able to do that?

Philip Gathe
 

Anonymous Anonymous


I really appreciate that you included the useful links on your travelogue. Those links are helping me to plan for my trip to Asia this summer.
- jm
 

Anonymous Anonymous


Lovely pictures! Fabulous stories!
 

Anonymous Anonymous


Just a thought, have you ever doing any professional writing? Your travelogue is really amazing, I felt I was on the trip the whole time I was reading it. And, like what most people already said, the pictures are nice.

Sincerely,
Alice Sanders
 

Anonymous Anonymous


Your travel sounds like a once-in-a-lifetime adventure! - David H.
 

Anonymous Anonymous


I guess you should be glad you weren't over there during the tsunami. Sounds like it's still pretty bad over there, I won't be planning a trip for some time.
- JL (the other JLo)
 

Anonymous Anonymous


Just stumbled on your site. I love what I've seen, I'll have to bookmark and come back later! - June
 

speak up!


previous 10 posts:

home/current
[index of posts within each monthly archive]




disclaimer: some rights reserved. trademarks belong to their respective holders. inaccuracies are entirely unintentional. except where noted, this site is under a creative commons license. reuse, redistribution and/or excerpt permitted only with proper credit. linkback permitted without credit. if you find something offensive, then just stop reading. emails directly to me or comments posted here become my property. you have been notified.

the contents of this blog/web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the u.s. government or the peace corps.