Rabat Murals

I was in Rabat this weekend, just to escape from the heat in my town. Instead of hitting the beach (as I have done most summer week-ends), I decided to just walk around the Moroccan capital taking pictures. I came upon a group of murals that were striking. Taking countless pictures, I plan to use the images for my computer's screensavers and backgrounds (as I did with the images of murals in Meknes); here are just a few of my favorites:

Mural in Rabat, Morocco Mural in Rabat, Morocco Mural in Rabat, Morocco
Mural in Rabat, Morocco Mural in Rabat, Morocco Mural in Rabat, Morocco

I was to attend the Imilchil Wedding Moussem (festival in celebration of a local saint) this last weekend with artisans from my town; however, the craft fair part of the event was cancelled and the artisans did not go. I still could have attended on my own, but decided that I could use more down-time from my vacation from the week before. I'll likely attend next year's Wedding Moussem, with or without artisans!

Superman logoON A DIFFERENT NOTE: With much anticipation, I picked up a bootleg DVD copy of Bryan Singer's Superman Returns. Well, I was disappointed; I'm surprised that Singer puts his name to this garbage; with a production price tag of US$350 to US$400 million, various sources say it might break even. SUPERMAN RETURNS SUCKS. It's worst than Halle Barry's Razzie Awarded Catwoman. Brandon Routh makes a great Man of Steel, Kevin Spacey isn't the most memorable menace as Lex Luthor (this wasn't a spoiler for anyone, I hope), but I'm voting for Singer to get a Razzie Award.
tags: ..
another point of view ...

Anonymous Anonymous


YUP. Agree with you about Superman Returns, *it was terrible* - waste of $10.
 

Anonymous Anonymous


Interesting post, you managed to tie street art (mural) and block-buster/buster with a wedding festival. Don't think I would have the courage to do that!
 

Anonymous Anonymous


wow, very cool. I put the top middle one on my desktop and it looks really pretty. Hope you don't mind.
 

Blogger Nam LaMore


PERI: yeah, that same mural image is on my desktop background. i always like to make sure i have my camera when walking around town.
 

speak up!


previous 10 posts:

home/current
[index of posts within each monthly archive]




disclaimer: some rights reserved. trademarks belong to their respective holders. inaccuracies are entirely unintentional. except where noted, this site is under a creative commons license. reuse, redistribution and/or excerpt permitted only with proper credit. linkback permitted without credit. if you find something offensive, then just stop reading. emails directly to me or comments posted here become my property. you have been notified.

the contents of this blog/web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the u.s. government or the peace corps.